THE SUCCESS OF DIAMOND B
Diamond B Farm was designed and is owned and operated by Glenn and Becky Brok, a husband and wife team who share a deep passion for the horse business. The Broks’ hard work and horsemanship have yielded success in the sales ring and on the racetrack. They were Pennsylvania’s Leading Breeder in 2017 and the state’s #2 breeder the subsequent three years (2018-2020). The Broks annually offer their yearling crop for sale off the farm with 2020 Fitz Dixon Memorial S. winner Like a Saltshaker the most recent success. The following horses, either bred by the Broks or foaled/raised at Diamond B, represent some their other important triumphs:
- Bred & sold Rodeo Licious ($206,670), a Stakes-winner at 2 and 3 at Belmont Park.
- Bred & sold Siete De Oros ($423,950) was multiple Graded-placed on the Triple Crown trail, finishing on the board in the G2 Jerome Stakes, G3 Withers Stakes, and G3 Illinois Derby.
- Bred & sold Rolin With Olin, a Stakes-winning son of Talent Search who has earned over $300,000.
- Foaled & raised Stakes winner Hollywood Talent (by Talent Search) was multiple Graded-placed at 2, including in the G2 Sanford Stakes at Saratoga. He’s earned nearly $450,000.
- Bred & sold 2020 Stakes winner LIKE A SALTSHAKER, winner of the Fitz Dixon Memorial.
REAL SOLUTION WINS THE G1 WOODFORD RESERVE MANHATTAN H.
The farm reflects the Broks’ priorities in horse care and management, including:
- 100-acre farm with large and small paddocks
- Vinyl fencing
- Run-in sheds in each field
- Bright, well-ventilated barns
- 12X12 stalls with windows
- Straw bedding
- Foaling facility with cameras and heaters
- Newly constructed stallion facility with proper onsite breeding shed
- Equicizer with roof to preserve surface, keep horses out of the elements
- NUTRITION : Alfalfa Hay & High Quality, Local Horse Feed
A U.S. Army veteran, Glenn became involved in the Thoroughbred business by hot walking horses at Liberty Bell racetrack in 1969. Over the years, he has also served as a racetrack assistant starter, exercise rider and a jockey’s agent at several tracks across the Eastern seaboard. Glenn additionally trained horses while based at Penn National for around 10 years. A former member of the Lancaster Polo team, Brok also previously owned a horse carriage business with his wife, Becky. Glenn is also a proud member of the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers’ Club.
Contact Glenn: (610) 659-2415 or [email protected]
Becky started in the horse industry by riding show horses and galloping racehorses at Eastern circuit tracks. She currently handles all the breeding and foaling operations at Diamond B. Becky and her daughter, Samantha Potts, are also currently retraining an off-track Thoroughbred for the Retired Racehorse Project’s Thoroughbred Makeover.
Contact Becky: [email protected]
A daughter of Glenn and Becky, Sarah was the youngest person to ever attend the Kentucky Horseshoeing School at age 14. Formerly an assistant to Patti Miller of EQB Agents and Consultants, she holds a degree in equine reproduction. A fluent Spanish speaker, Sarah has also had more than seven years of experience hot walking and galloping horses for Keeneland and Penn National.
A daughter of the Broks, Samantha, 24, grew up in the horse business, assisting her parents with the daily operation of their full-service farm. She has spent many years riding show horses and participating in her local Pony Club. At Diamond B, Samantha assists her mother, Becky, with all breeding and foaling duties. As a side hobby, Samantha and Becky also break and train Andalusian horses, as well as off-track Thoroughbreds.
Contact Samantha: [email protected]