Catienus–Mrs. K., by Dixieland Band
A Grade 1 performer with a blazing turn of foot, Talent Search is passing that speed and class to his progeny. His first crop hit the racetrack this year, and they won on the sport's biggest stages, at Churchill Downs, Keeneland and Saratoga.
- Through December 1, Talent Search's first crop has earned $273,695, placing him in the top 15 of all freshman sires nationally
- Sire of Hollywood Talent ($110,685), first-out winner of a maiden special weight at Keeneland; second in the Bashford Manor Stakes (Gr. 3) at Churchill Downs in his second start; third in the Sanford Stakes (Gr. 2) at Saratoga, and winner of a $65,972 allowance at Parx Racing on October 14
- Hollywood Talent was foaled and raised at Diamond B Farm
- First crop also includes first-out winners Forbidden Talent (at Saratoga, won by four lengths) and He's Got Talent (at Churchill Downs, won by a length as the favorite), both of whom were foaled and raised at Diamond B Farm
- Maiden special weight winners Big Blue Talent (4-1/2 furlongs, :51.68, a tick off the Churchill Downs track record as the favorite) and Searchin For Dames (led all the way to win by nearly 5 lengths at Prairie Meadows) also in his first crop
- Total Talent, foaled and raised at Diamond B, broke her maiden at Churchill Downs and has won two of her three starts.
- First 2-year-olds at auction (OBS April) averaged $47,000, more than 18 times his stud fee, including $50,000 (to Ken & Sarah Ramsey) and $44,000 (to George Kerr)
- Yearlings sold this year averaged $16,500, nearly seven times his stud fee, including $20,000 and $19,000 (both to Harry Weisleder) at Fasig-Tipton Midlantic and $17,000 at OBS August (to Armando Rosas)
- Mare by Pulpit in foal to Talent Search sold for $19,000 (to Carlos S.E. Moore, agent) at Keeneland November
- Won or placed in 13 of 15 starts and earned $603,360
- Won his debut as a 2-year-old by 6-1/2 lengths; handled fast and wet surfaces throughout his career
- Won the Jim McKay Stakes at Pimlico (six furlongs, 1:09.43) and the Teddy Drone Stakes at Monmouth Park (by nearly seven lengths, six furlongs in 1:08.99)
- Ran second in: the Vosburgh Stakes-G1 (to Fabulous Strike, six furlongs in 1:09.22) at Belmont Park; the Frank J DeFrancis Memorial Dash Stakes-G1 (to Benny the Bull, six furlongs in 1:09.86) at Laurel Park; the Phoenix Stakes-G3 at Keeneland; and the Emirates Airline Maryland Sprint Handicap-G3 at Pimlico.
- Ran third in the Breeders' Cup Sprint-G1 at Monmouth Park (to champion Midnight Lute, six furlongs in 1:09.18 in the slop)
- Is a half-brother to three stakes winners including 2009 undefeated 2YO Kera's Kitten
- Ran incredibly fast Beyer Speed numbers of 108 multiple times
Payable when foal stands and nurses
Special consideration to Pennsylvania foaling mares
Registered Pennsylvania stallion
Property of Diamond B Farm
Click to download a detailed pedigree and race record for Talent Search
Click to read magazine article about mare in foal to Talent Search