Catienus–Mrs. K., by Dixieland Band
A Grade 1 performer with a blazing turn of foot, Talent Search is passing that speed and class onto his progeny. His first crop hit the racetrack in 2013 and they won on the sport's biggest stages, at Churchill Downs, Keeneland and Saratoga. His three crops have earned over $2 million in purses.
Talent Search has sired in his first three crops:
- 2013 Leading freshamn sire in the mid-Atlantic region
- SPECIAL TALENT (Lil's Lad): 2 wins, $74,719 at 2, 2015, City of Anderson S.
- Hollywood Talent (Johannesburg): 3 wins, $166,255 to 4, 2015, 2nd Bashford Manor S-G3, Forego S, 3rd Sanford S-G2, Spectacular Bid S.
- Total Talent (Dixie Brass): 7 wins, $163,280 to 4, 2015.
- Talent Seeker (City Zip): 6 wins, $146,144 to 4, 2015.
- He’s Got Talent (Lemon Drop Kid): 6 wins, $129,218 to 4, 2015.
- Pink for Me (Formal Dinner): 3 wins, $115,804 to 4, 2015.
- Nose Job (Pilgrim): 4 wins, $88,053 to 3, 2015.
- Big Blue Talent (Quiet American): 2 wins, $80,418 to 4, 2015.
- Thoroughbred Fuel (Roman Ruler): 1 win, $72,660 to 4, 2015.
- Other winners: On a Star ($66,590), Forbidden Talent ($60,062), Bayott ($54,364), Searchin for Dames ($43,811). Two-year-old winners: SPECIAL TALENT, Tipyourwaiterwell ($55,220), Rolin With Olin ($36,999), Stay On Shore ($27,000), My Man Thirsty ($25,750).
- First 2-year-olds at auction (OBS April) averaged $47,000, more than 18 times his stud fee, including $50,000 (to Ken & Sarah Ramsey) and $44,000 (to George Kerr)
- Yearlings sold in 2015 averaged $16,500, nearly seven times his stud fee, including $20,000 and $19,000 (both to Harry Weisleder) at Fasig-Tipton Midlantic and $17,000 at OBS August (to Armando Rosas)
- Won or placed in 13 of 15 starts and earned $603,360
- Won his debut as a 2-year-old by 6-1/2 lengths; handled fast and wet surfaces throughout his career
- Won the Jim McKay Stakes at Pimlico (six furlongs, 1:09.43) and the Teddy Drone Stakes at Monmouth Park (by nearly seven lengths, six furlongs in 1:08.99)
- Ran second in: the Vosburgh Stakes-G1 (to Fabulous Strike, six furlongs in 1:09.22) at Belmont Park; the Frank J DeFrancis Memorial Dash Stakes-G1 (to Benny the Bull, six furlongs in 1:09.86) at Laurel Park; the Phoenix Stakes-G3 at Keeneland; and the Emirates Airline Maryland Sprint Handicap-G3 at Pimlico.
- Ran third in the Breeders' Cup Sprint-G1 at Monmouth Park (to champion Midnight Lute, six furlongs in 1:09.18 in the slop)
- Is a half-brother to three stakes winners including 2009 undefeated 2YO Kera's Kitten
- Ran incredibly fast Beyer Speed numbers of 108 multiple times
Payable when foal stands and nurses
Special consideration to Pennsylvania foaling mares
Registered Pennsylvania stallion
Property of Diamond B Farm
Click to download detailed pedigree and race record for Talent Search
Please click on images below for detailed evaluations of stallion / mare pairings:
Click to read magazine article about mare in foal to Talent Search